Side Effects Software, an industry leader in 3D animation and visual effects software, is proud to announce the immediate release of Houdini 12.5 which offers a wealth of new and enhanced features including Cloud FX , Ocean FX, OpenVDB volume sculpting tools and an optimized lighting and rendering pipeline with built-in support for delayed-load Alembic primitives.
New Cloud sculpting and rendering toolset available on a dedicated shelf:
- Cloud Rig – This tool creates a cloud network using the Cloud, Cloud Noise and Cloud Light nodes in combination along with a Sunlight and Skylight to create a complete cloud setup.
- Cloud – This tool converts geometry into a cloud volume and gives you control over the shape and density of the volume. Secondary Shapes can be added to give your volume a puffier look.
- Cloud Noise – This tool adds a noise pattern to the volume to create a more distinct cloud-like shape.
- Cloud Light – This tool computes a light field to support the rendering of the volume. This approximates the scattering of light in a cloud to create a more efficient rendering.
- These Cloud tools are built using the new OpenVDB Sparse Volume tools.
Ocean FX Tools
New Ocean FX tools make it easier to integrate ocean surfaces into your VFX work:
- Ocean Waves – This tool uses volumes to deform geometry to create an animated ocean surface. You can visualize the results in the viewport then export a displacement texture to use at render time. This tool is on the Deform shelf.
- Wave Tank – This tool creates a FLIP fluid simulation with whitewater from an underlying ocean surface. This tool is on the Particle Fluids shelf.
- WhiteWater – New, unified whitewater solver creates spray, foam and churn based on an underlying FLIP fluid sim. This tool is on the Particle Fluids shelf.
- Mist – This tool emits mist particles into a smoke simulation one-way based on an underlying FLIP fluid sim. This tool is on the Particle Fluids shelf.
- New Ocean Spectrum and Ocean Evaluate geometry nodes used to generate ocean surface, volume and point outputs.
Well there is much more other features added in the new release of Houdini 12.5 .. I’ve just mentioned a few features above..
Read More : http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2445&Itemid=66